Saturday, December 19, 2015

How to Clip Your Dogs Nails



How to Clip Your Dogs Nails Yourself... 



I am a "Do It Yourself" kinda girl... Hey if I can find it on the internet... YouTube It?? I am on it... I have changed out my sink, toilet and tore my car apart and put it back watching YouTube videos.
Hello Blog follower's... This is my Angel Bella. She is about 4 years old. We are not sure. When Jack was living in Tucson, AZ... The neighbors came to him about 3 1/2 years ago and said they found a puppy in the grocery store parking lot. They ask him did he want her? He said "NO"! But the neighbors said if he did not take her they were taking her to the pound... What you do not know about Jack is that even though he is a "Man's Man"... He has a very soft heart for kids and animals. So Bella became part of the family...
To the nail cutting... URGHHHH
Sorry Blog Family... Bella has ADD!!! She is very wirery.. (Hey look I made up a word) lol
This is relevant to "Clipping Your Dogs Nails"...
Bella is a Queensland Healer... She would NEVER bite someone aggressively... When my young grandchildren came to visit she would NOT let them off the couch.. She was doing her job... She kept them safe on the couch. When they would try to get down.. She would "NIP" there ankles.
Also... Wheels drive her crazy!!! She got out and chased a car once and bit the wheel... The tire flipped her so now she does not chase cars... BUT she detest bicycles and skateboards!!! Last summer two teenage girls where coming down our street and she went after them... They were scared. I told them to stop and be still. I went out to get Bella and she laid down. When I went to pick her up... She started Yelping like I cut her!!! The point is she is crazy and if you try to pick her up or hold her down... She Yelps like you shot her!!!
But her other bad habit is jumping on people (Me and Jack Namely)... Urggh
I decided to take her to a groomers to get her nails clipped because during her "NO Jumping" home lessons... She has scratched us several times. Well folks... She gets so excited... She wants to jump.. Im working on it... I have ordered a shock collar for her and Otto.. See my next blog.. LOL
After checking the prices of the groomers... I decided to try this myself. Hey I worked as a medic on an Ambulance and in the ER... How hard could clipping a dogs nails???

WRONG!!! 

I watched video after video on Youtube... I purchased all the right stuff... I grabbed Bella and made an effort to hold her still while I made the attempt to clip her nails (She has never had her nails clipped or been to a groomer".
First she started yelping like I was cutting her ears off!!! Wiggling until I could almost not hold her... The video said to start very small with the clips... To be sure NOT to cut into the quick... I precisely held the nail clippers at the very tip of her nail as the VIDEO explained...
Damned if I did not cut into her quick!!! She Yelped... It started to bleed and I felt like an Ass!!
My sincere advise is to NOT try this at home... It was a horrible experience for both me and Bella... She hobbled for several days... I honestly think she was milking the incident??? She did not limp that much when she bit that car tire and was flipped 10 feet into the air??? LOL
Oh well... I have included a good video on a Do It Your Self dog nail clipping... Ouch!

  
Elizabeth
Contact Me Directly with questions or comments.   
Check Out Our PetSafe Website!!!

Yup... "That Be Jack"
Entrepreneur and responsible for "OK Corrals and PetSafe Kennels"
Click here for Predator Proof Kennels and Dog Runs

No comments:

Post a Comment